Friday, October 28, 2016

Embossing powder on texture paste


I watched a video where they made a mixed media project using texture paste and putting embossing powder on it. I tried it on the center panel of this card. I applied the texture paste through a Prima damask stencil. then immediately covered the paste in a gold glitter embossing powder. I waited for the paste to dry then used my heat gun to melt the embossing powder. The finished product is very nice. the texture paste adds dimension and a slightly rough texture.  


Believe it or not, that card stock started out as white. I sprayed it with Prima Color Bloom Spray in Deep Teal.

To frame this panel,  I used Inca Gold guilder's paste i gold for the gold frame the stenciled with the same gold guilder's paste on another sheet of Deep Teal sprayed cardstock.

It was a lovely backdrop for my handmade flowers. The rose was colored in Inca Gold Violet and the other flowers were sprayed with Prima Color Bloom Berry Wine.

2 comments:

Davi said...

Gorgeous card Janie, I love the gold embossing, beautiful with the flowers ;)

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Jani, this is stunning!! The flowers look amazing!! I love the colors and the texture with the gold embossing!! I'm sorry I didn't realize you were posting again!! I'm so glad you're back my friend!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts