Monday, July 7, 2014

More is not Always Better

Well, I never thought I would say this, but more glitter is not always better.

My previous post showed the Glass Bead Gel with Glitter already in it. I started wondering what would happen if I added even more glitter...

I tried adding Stickels Dry Glitter - Stardust to the glass beads.
You may remember that the Faber-Castelle Glass Bead Glitter Gel was semi transparent and allowed the pattern paper to show through.
Well apparently if you add the Stickles dry glitter, you can not longer see through it.

Here you can see the stickles over the glass bead gel that I stenciled on using a Crafter's Workshop stencil. The butterfly is also covered in the glass bead gel and Stickles glitter. You can also see where I just added dots of glue and glittered them. Both techniques look the same so the glass beads are just adding texture and nothing else here. It is OK but just was not what I was hoping for.

I did add some of my tattered flowers along with some Flower Soft that adds some lovely texture and fills in the gaps very nicely.

The flowers, Flower Soft, and ribbons were all colored with Tim Holtz Distress Stains.
The flower centers are filled with a cool product from Viva Decor called Ferro -Graphite.
(I will be showing more with the Ferro soon)

Well the Stickles did no give the look I was hoping for, but I did have fun playing with the products that I got from Scrapadabadoo and have lots of other crafty ideas for these products.

3 comments:

Rose Tresures said...

Hi Jani. Thanks for your experiment and telling us about it. I absolutely love reading about what people try, whether it is 100% success or not. The fact that you tried something you didn't know would work is what it's all about. I love that you shared it with us. hugs, Patty

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Jani. Love those flowers.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the flower centers Jani
Cheers
Dr Sonia