Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Keeping a Low Profile


We all like to layer on the embellishments on our artwork. Especially if flowers are involved. While it looks great, it is a little more difficult to mail. I usually have a large supply of special boxes to mail my dimensional cards. Sometimes we have to scale back and make a card that will go through the mail machines in a regular envelope. (Like when we run out of those special order boxes LOL)

The 2 cards above are bright and cheerful but are not nearly as thick as my regular cards with my Open Roses on them. See for yourself...
 flat flowers

Open Rose

So I have ordered more boxes but until they arrive I will not mind making a few cards with lower profile. They still carry just as much cheer.   :)

Materials used:

Neenah 110 lb exact index cardstock
MME Kate & Co patterned paper- Cambridge Court, "Medallion" 
LSG Cheshire Cat Cherry Starburst spray
LSG Razzleberry Plum embossing powder
LSG Tibetan Poppy Teal
TH distress ink Picked Raspberry
TH distress ink Evergreen Bough
TH distress ink Peacock Feathers
Art Glitter Rain Forest
washi tape
Viva Decor pearl pen
Viva Decor glitter pen
Hug Snug seam binding
(the cards might be flat but a lot went in to making them LOL)

6 comments:

Margaret Ann Moffat said...

Gorgeous, hmm maybe need to appropriate some of your ideas lol

Rose Tresures said...

Hi Jani! Could you please tell us what boxes you use and where you get them from? I always love your cards and would love more info on the boxes. Thanks. hugs, Patty

Becky said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the design paper. I know what you mean mailing these thicker cards. I use bubble pack envelopes.

Cheryl First said...

I'd love to know what boxes you use, and where you buy them! :) Beautiful cards, Jani! Your flowers are so pretty, whether low-profile or not! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments ladies. I truly appreciate them.
I usually get Kraft jewelry" boxes from Paper Mart that measure 8 5/8 by 5 5/8 by 1 3/8. They are sturdy and the perfect size for the 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 cards that I usually make.
Unfortunately they are out of stock right now and will not be available until May. There are several other choices on their website.
http://www.papermart.com/BoxDimensionSearch?Length=8.625&Width=5.625&Depth=1.375
I just have not made my mind up yet. I will pick one of the other "jewelry" boxes that does not have a clear top.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

They sure look as pretty, I love the fabulous blossom!