Saturday, October 26, 2013

Step Card Thank Yous


Hello my crafty friends. I have been keeping myself busy by making cards. We needed some special thank you cards to send to some wonderful people who helped out during my dad's time in hospice and the funeral. Since I happen to make cards (LOL) I was happy to create them.

I used some more of my Mariposa paper from the K&Co stack. This one has several colorful butterflies on a glittered cardstock. Look closely and you can see the glittery dots.

I was in a colorful mood so I chose to used Ripe Persimmon and Peacock Feathers Distress inks to color my white cardstock for the card base, mats, and decorations. 

I pulled these colors to go with the Mariposa patterned paper then I ended up covering most of the patterned paper up. LOL

I added WOW Embossing glitter to the butterfly and text. It really popped against all the orange.

To accent the edges of my handmade Regal Roses in Ripe Persimmon, I added some Rusty Hinge ink.

You can download instructions for the side step card here.   Side Step Card

The "thank you" text and shadow layers can be downloaded here. Thank You Caption

The Regal Rose cut files and instructions and the Detailed Butterfly cut files are available in my Etsy shop.


  

4 comments:

Davi said...

Wow Jani this is soo beautiful, I love the orange and of course your ever fabulous flowers :

gela said...

Very pretty I sure the people receiving it will be touched.

alice smith said...

Janie, Love this all the right colors. Great job.

Sherrie K. said...

Such a GORGEOUS card! The color combo is stunning:) Love the beautiful flowers:)
Sherrie K