Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day Cards

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you are all feeling loved.
I have a couple of cards to share today. One is the card I made for my husband.

I was tired of the traditional reds and pinks and decided to go with black and blue. I heat embossed the black cardstock with clear embossing powder for the background. The hearts are die cuts that I inked with Distress Stains, embossed, and inked over the raised areas. I have been hoarding the bling, but since my hubby picked it out for me in the first place, I figured this would be a good time to use it.

I also did some cards for a swap. I used red and black for those.
Many of you saw this same design last year, but I liked it so much I decided to use it again. LOL

Hope you have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

so beautiful jani! i love the gorgeous design...the embossing looks so lovely too :)

Eva Laney said...

love your Hubby's card...Beautiful my friend :)

Misty Morgan said...

I love your Valentine card, Jani! Great colors and love the embossing and bling!

Lisa said...

Both of your cards are so elegant and gorgeous!! I love the designs and the beautiful hearts!! So pretty!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Davi said...

Jani these are both Beautiful!! I love the colors of the first one along with the embossing and love the way you layered the hearts :) The red and black is sooo fancy really beautiful :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

The red and black is so beautiful and stylish Jani
Thank you so much for dropping by my blog earlier and appreciating my
Heart Shaped Box

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your card is so sweet!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

So gorgeous with the amazing embossing! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/