Monday, August 20, 2012

Snowflake Cards

Well I have been working on some Christmas cards. I wanted to get started now so I am not rushed later. I noticed that Jingle Belles over at http://jinglebellesrock.blogspot.com/ have challenges to encourage people to do just that. They have Christmas card challenges all year long. What a great idea.

This week they are having a sketch challenge. Here is my interpretation of the sketch. 





I turned the center panels into banners and embossed them with a Sizzix embossing folder. It does not really show in the top picture, but I added sparkly pearl dust on the panels to make them shimmer.



The sentiment was stamped and matted but it was bigger than I expected so I just made it go all the way across. I added some snowflakes from my cut files and a few pearls. 

The top card will be entered in the Jingle Belles sketch challenge. 
I played around with the idea a little more with the next two cards.


I changed the layout then tried it in vellum.


 I think I like the top one most, but the good thing is I can use them all. :)

11 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

this is so beautiful for words. love it

Jan said...

Wonderful cards Jani xx Jan

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Jani, these are gorgeous!! I love the beautiful designs and the pretty snowflakes :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Jani, your Christmas cards are so beautiful!!!

SmilynStef said...

Love the white-on-white design ... the embossed texture is fantastic ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Jani, these are such lovely cards and your cut files are so perfect for these wintery Christmas cards!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty! Great texture too!

JustYolie said...

This card is GORGEOUS!!!

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, all three of these are ♥LOVELY♥ variations on the sketch and just downright awesome holiday cards! thanks for playing along with us this week! ♥

Davi said...

All three are totally Fabulous Jani!! Cant quite decide my fav :)

Jean said...

These snowflakes are very pretty.