Monday, March 12, 2012

Cut and Fold Shamrocks

I have a fun little card to share today. City Crafter's Challenge Blog Week #99 is Seeing Double. They are asking to see the positive and negative sides of an image. I thought a "cut and fold" type card would be perfect. I decided to make shamrocks since I am seeing green everywhere I turn.




A "cut and fold" image is made from cutting half of a symmetrical image and and folding it over to make it look like you are seeing the whole thing.


In this case, I cut out half of the shamrock from double sided paper (K&Co) then flipped the cut-out over. I placed more of the solid green colored paper (Bazzile Swiss Dot) behind the cut piece.


I finished the card by stitching around the edges, ruffling some seem binding dyed with Bundled Sage Distress Stain, adding a thin scalloped paper strip, and making a small paper bow.


I will be making a video soon on how to ruffle the ribbon. Leave me a comment if you would also like to see how to make the paper bow. They are starting to be really popular.


Here is a link to download the cut files and PDF templates; Shamrock Cards

I am entering this card in:

City Crafter's Challenge Blog - Seeing Double (positive and negative)
Scrappy Moms - St. Patrick's Day
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes

9 comments:

Grannymama said...

I would love to see a video on making a paper box...thank you for your videos.

Jeanette said...

Thank you so much for sharing this file...I love the cut and fold technique. And yes, I would like to see your video on making the bow. Thanks again for all you do.
Jeanette

Ros said...

Absolutely brilliant ... any thanks for playing along at CCCB

Trisha said...

Very clever idea! Thank you for sharing the file...and I'd love to see how to make that bow. It's darling.

Lisa said...

This is so awesome, Jani!! I love the cut and fold technique...it looks fabulous :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jperr said...

Thanks for sharing the cute card Jani.
Jocelan

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is sweet, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Unknown said...

So pretty. And what a great idea.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Christy Beans said...

That cut-and-fold adds a lot of interest; I'm sure it's even better IRL. And I love that plaid! =) Thanks for joining us for the Anything Goes challenge at PCJ! ~Christy