Monday, March 5, 2012

Boxes and Books

I had a bad week-end pain wise so I am just now getting to explaining these boxes that look like books. (not that any one was holding their breath until I posted about it ...LOL)


I ended up making several different videos. At first I was r-e-a-l s-l-o-w , then I took pain meds and was way too fast. LOL I discarded some of those videos and made new ones. So, this is a potpourri of information on the books that look like boxes and how to make a plain gift box.
Hope I made sense.


 I used Graphic 45 papers on them along with the Graphic 45 Signature Series Core-dinations paper.


This one started out as a real box from the G45 "Staples" line. I altered it and covered it to make it look like a box.


I made the smaller boxes/books from card board and card stock.

I just love the little library card graphic that came on one of the papers from the ABC Primer line. I matted it and placed it inside the front cover.




 

I used some of the papers from the G45 Tropical Travelogue for the inside cover and the bottom of the front cover of this one. I added one of the "This book belongs to " tags that come on the same sheet as the library tag.


I embossed the spine of this book with a thin Cuttlebug embossing folder.



Here is a video I made on Friday to show more of the decorations. (Keep in mind that I was hurting pretty bad so my mind was just not working well. :)




Here is a short video on how to make a basic box. (i.e. gift box)




...and here are 2 videos showing how to make the book/box. It was one 17 minute video that I had to break down into 2 parts.


How to make the book/boxes


                            part 1
                        part 2 



Thanks for hanging in there!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Looks great, hope you get back to feeling better.

Audrey Frelx said...

From the pic on the Reader, I actually thought these were books!!! What great boxes!!! I love them!!!

I hope you get to feeling much better! Sorry to hear you had such discomfort! Take care!

Cheryl First said...

These are amazing, Jani! Such a practical little project, and the papers you used for these are absolutely perfect!