Monday, February 27, 2012

Rounded corners tag

Hello crafters! Thank you so much for all the great comments on my last post. I APPRECIATE them so much! I feel the crafty love. :)


Since there was way too much goodness to go into details, I will be going through the projects a little slower this week.
(I have not forgotten about the "ruffled ribbon" tutorial or the quilling project tutorials that I promised. I am just postponing them a little :)


I will start with the rounded corners tag that had the roses and beaded pearl spray.



I made the beaded spray by following the directions that LuvleeScrappin gives in her video tutorial; bead spray - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AljxwrgqHto

You may also want to check out her other video tutorial on making a Daisy Chain bead spray.
I used to make Daisy Chain bracelets for my nieces years ago so I look forward to trying this one!

I used Graphic 45's Love's Labyrinth paper along with some cream colored card stock. I dyed the seam binding with TH Distress Stains. (Bundled Sage, Spiced Marmalade, and Dried Marigold) 

The roses were a little trickier to color. I tried several different colors before deciding on an combination that I never would have guessed. Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, and Rusty Hinge,
(Who would have guessed???)


I made a little picture to show the colors that I used for each layer.
(pictures always help...LOL)

click to enlarge








4 comments:

Tracy said...

So pretty,loving the colours,ribbon and those flowers!!
Have a good day.
Big hugs
Tracy
xxx

Audrey Frelx said...

Such a pretty tag! Love all the detail! Love the beaded spray!

Trisha said...

Beautiful tag! Thanks for sharing the file!

jill said...

ty