Friday, June 17, 2011

Dad you are dynamite

I'm on a roll baby! I have had so much fun making these masculine cut files. (Although I do miss my paper flowers) I am going to start doing more "cute" projects along with my "pretty" stuff like my paper flowers.

Well, here is another project for a guy. I made this for Father's Day but it could really be for anytime.


I got the idea from a creative lady named Jean at Jean's Crafty Corner. You can view her project here. She credits Allie at Allie Makes for her inspiration. You can see Allie's project here. Well, now I have added my touch to their idea with cut files.




The "sticks" are paper rolled around Rollo's candies. I made some single sticks and also bound three sticks together with twine.
I also made a little crate to hold them.



The starburst and ovals with the caption were all cut from white cardstock and inked. I used TH Distress Inks: Barn Red & Wild Honey.
I printed the caption in Inkscape and then used my die cutting machine to cut it out.

I also added a card inspired from Jean's project.



It is a long shaped card. I inked it with Barn Red and Frayed Burlap. I added some holographic glitter to the little starburst. (front & back since you see the back of it when you open the card.)

I always line the inside of my cards to make them sturdier and give them a more finished appearance.

It will fit in a letter sized envelope.
(Handy Hint: place the card on top of the envelope before you attach the wick and starburst pieces to make sure you don't get them hanging off the edge and unable to fit in the envelope)
(Guess how I learned that???)

Well here is the link to the free svg cut files and pdf templates. Most of the steps are pretty obvious but I put some simple instructions in one of the pdf's.

Be sure and check out Jean's and Allie's posts too. Everyone does things a little differently and you may like the way they did this idea better.

Hope you enjoy them!

9 comments:

Jean said...

Oh this turned out great. Thanks for the comments on my blog and linking back to my project. I am following you now. :)

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [18 Jun 08:25am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Kim said...

What a cool project!! I see you will be featured at Craft Crave!!! Whoop Whoop for you:)
~Kim

Linda Breedlove said...

How awesome... love the dynamite sticks made around the Rollos. My husband would really go for those.
Have a great weekend and thanks for your kind comment at my blog.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [19 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Thienly Azim said...

This turned out awesome! LOVE the idea!

Anna Dawn said...

OMGosh! That is so cute! I love it! Wish I had time to make them for Father's day. Oh well, maybe next year. :)

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Family/Mom/Dad/Daughter/Grandma,Grandpa,etc... Theme post on Jun. 19, 2011. Thanks again.

Fran said...

Love this project Jani and your project looks awesome. I love rolos too and would probably eat a pack while making them, lol. Hugs, Fran