Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Paper Flower Violet or Pansy?

I like to quill and make paper flowers so I thougt I wouls try my hand at making cut files for this flower. It looks like a pansy to me but the flower picture I based it on called it a violet. All I know is that I thought it was pretty.
The embossed panel is Coredinations. (this was actually a sample insert from a craft magazine)
I shaped the flower pieces with a stylus and my fingers, scored the leaves, and chalked all of them with chalk pencils. The chalk gave a lighter effect than markers or ink.
 
Then I added Perfect Pearls.

The inside image is stamped and watercolored.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful card and beautiful flowers.

JustYolie said...

They look like pansies to me and they are BEAUTIFUL!!! :)

Cheryl First said...

Wow - the chalking you did makes these so realistic!! Totally look like violets to me!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW...these look SO REAL!!!! I love your coloring of these!!!!! Looks like you can just touch them!!! Amazing job!!!!!

Trisha said...

Whatever they are, they are sure pretty! Thank you for sharing your work!

Unknown said...

Hello. Your flower is very beautiful. i make too a violet paper. this's my video. thanks for reading : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2VbQkfpOcw